how to upload html file to root directory of shopify

Seyi1
1 0 0

I am not sure if this has been resolved. Otherwise, I thought this might help:

Having tried all the suggestions given and nothing was forthcoming, I reluctantly checked my info details on the Facebook Business  page

I realised that my new address has not been updated: I did just that. Checked other info that needs updating; went back to the verification page and redid everything. Boom it worked.

It is worth giving these steps a try. Hopefully, it works for you this time.

Cheers!

0 Likes
PardonThePress
1 0 0

mines still dont work I did everything right 

0 Likes
katiechambers
1 0 1

I just got verified! After a few hours of trying absolutely everything. 

What worked for me is first logging out and then back in to my Shopify store. Then I switched my theme to another random theme I had saved, and then I switched it back to my original theme. I also refreshed the Facebook page and copied the new code. 

I really hope this helps for whoever is still having trouble verifying your domain! Sending love!

Tanisha
2 0 0

same here. it asked me to use the debugging code but i keep getting these errors:

"Inferred Property

The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags."

"Missing Properties

The following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id"
0 Likes
WBY
1 0 0

Adding this comment in the hope it helps someone else. Verifying with a meta-tag has been doing my head in. Been trying for days - did the whole Facebook Sharing Debugger tool, it was scraping the site and seeing the verification code. But no matter what I did, the green 'Verify Domain' button (which you can see on the other options of Upload HTML or Upload DNS TXT record) wouldn't show up. There was no scroll on the window, so it wasn't like I just needed to scroll down further on the page to see it. Was tearing my hair out....until....

I thought to myself 'I wonder what happens if I zoom out in the browser' so I hit Chrome's three dots, click the zoom to 90% and bingo, there's the button. All this time, Facebook's stupid website wasn't set up to deal with a window size that wouldn't show all the page content, and there was no way to scroll to it.

Clicked the (now visible) green 'Verify Domain' button and hey presto, did it instantly.

So, before you give up and throw your laptop or tablet out the window, give the browser zoom a try (you might need to zoom out further than I did) - it might just be what you're looking for!

0 Likes
ecocozm
1 0 0

I wasn't able to figure out how to upload the html file but if you add the text to your DNS it's much easier. 

In Shopify go to your online store
Domains - Manage - DNS Settings 

Scroll to the bottom and find the TXT RECORD
Actions - Edit and change name to @ and then paste the verification code into the TXT Value

This worked within a minute or so for me

0 Likes