Solved

I can't complete my login process.

nic-n-nac
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello, I've been unable to login to my Shopify account on my desktop as it keeps trying to redirect me to Facebook and it never seems to get there. 

Another thing is I cannot login through the Shopify app because of the same problem but this time it gets to the do you want to continue page, I click continue then it just reloads that page. The only way I am able to log on to Shopify is via Google on my phone. I tried attaching videos but they where "exceeding the maximum file size "

I don't know what the problem is?

Accepted Solution (1)
Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @nic-n-nac!

Thanks for your quick response!

I take it the above troubleshooting steps did not work for you? I'll be honest I haven't come across this issue before with external logins!

As you are using an external login it might be worth deactivating the Facebook login via your login workaround with Google Chrome that you mentioned - and if you have the username and password handy. Once deactivated you can try logging in normally again. Check out our help doc here on how you can disable this external login.

Another thing to check is that you have granted the necessary permissions to the external login service. Some login services, such as Google or Facebook, require that you grant certain permissions such as "email address" or "manage pages" before you can use them to log in to Shopify. Double-check that you have granted these permissions on the Facebook side of things.

However, if you are uncomfortable with removing it and wish to keep this method of logging in, then the next best step here would be to create a support request with our live support here at this link. As much as I would love to dig deeper into this for you, we do not have access to accounts/stores via the public forums here ourselves. It would be best to get this checked out by support so that they can troubleshoot this or offer a workaround.

Let me know how things go! Have you checked your analytics recently to see how your store is tracking? If not, check out our beginners guide to reports and analytics here at this link!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hi @nic-n-nac!

Thanks for reaching out about the issue with logging into your Shopify account.

Rest assured I will do my best to assist you with this! It's difficult to say exactly why you're unable to login without more information. If you could send us some screenshots of what you're seeing on your end, that would be really helpful. With that being said, in the meantime you can try the following troubleshooting steps below;

Clear Cache and Cookies

• Open your browser settings.
  • Navigate to the privacy and security settings.
  • Locate the option to clear browsing data.
  • Choose a time range and select the cache and cookies checkboxes.
  • Click the "Clear data" button.

Disable any Browser Extensions

Extensions can sometimes interfere with the normal operation of your browser. To troubleshoot this, try disabling any browser extensions that are active and then reload the login page.

Try Another Browser

If the issue persists, try using a different browser as another browser may have a better time logging you in. We recommend using Google Chrome on your desktop as it works best with Shopify and ensuring it is up-to-date as well, see here.

Let me know how everything goes, looking forward to your response!

nic-n-nac
Tourist
5 0 0

When I try to login through the mobile app I get to this page and can't continue from this page as it just reloads when I press continue.

Screenshot_20230403-105808.png

And when I try to login on via desktop it just keeps trying to redirect me to login via Facebook but I doesn't even get to that page just keeps trying to load it up and the URL changes for a second then reverts back to the "redirecting to Facebook" page.

PXL_20230403_100351641.jpg

PXL_20230403_100356228.jpg

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @nic-n-nac!

Thanks for your quick response!

I take it the above troubleshooting steps did not work for you? I'll be honest I haven't come across this issue before with external logins!

As you are using an external login it might be worth deactivating the Facebook login via your login workaround with Google Chrome that you mentioned - and if you have the username and password handy. Once deactivated you can try logging in normally again. Check out our help doc here on how you can disable this external login.

Another thing to check is that you have granted the necessary permissions to the external login service. Some login services, such as Google or Facebook, require that you grant certain permissions such as "email address" or "manage pages" before you can use them to log in to Shopify. Double-check that you have granted these permissions on the Facebook side of things.

However, if you are uncomfortable with removing it and wish to keep this method of logging in, then the next best step here would be to create a support request with our live support here at this link. As much as I would love to dig deeper into this for you, we do not have access to accounts/stores via the public forums here ourselves. It would be best to get this checked out by support so that they can troubleshoot this or offer a workaround.

Let me know how things go! Have you checked your analytics recently to see how your store is tracking? If not, check out our beginners guide to reports and analytics here at this link!

nic-n-nac
Tourist
5 0 0

It worked, deactivating my Facebook account and then just activating it again. Its a good thing I was able to login somewhere at least because if I hadn't It would of never been fixed. 🙂

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hi @nic-n-nac!

That's wonderful news, well done, and thanks for letting me know!

If there is anything else you need you know where to find us. Have a great day!