i download csv file from shopify and tried to upload it back but products didnt get imported

britishdsire
Visitor
3 0 0

i download csv file from shopify and did a bulk update of varant sku later imported it with checking the box "overwrite" still there is nothing import took place and i didnt even recieve email that my products got imported

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@britishdsire 

Depending on how large the CSV file is will determine the time it takes for the CSV to fully import to your store. While it may seem like the CSV was successfully imported in the admin, that is often not the case as the import will work in the background to allow you to continue working on your store. An email will be sent to you once the CSV import has been completed. 

I would check your spam/junk folder to see if the email landed there. If the CSV file was small, or it's been an unusually long time for the CSV email to arrive, then the CSV may have gotten "stuck" - A stuck CSV needs to be cleared by our support team. To resolve the issue, you will need to contact Shopify support. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

If the email arrived, then the email will outline the errors for why the products didn't import. If you're unsure of how to fix the issues, then please provide the CSV, along with the errors so I can take a look!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog