Visitor
1 0 0

What does it mean when next to an order it says via import

Replies 3 (3)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hi there, @Mugzyy!

Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community today with your order question! I'm happy to provide you with some information that explains where the 'import' wording comes from. 

Typically, when the word 'import' is attached to an order, it's describing the source of where the order had come from. Orders that are taken via applications, or from different sales channels like Amazon or eBay that use integration apps, will label their orders as 'imports'.  An example of this would be the application 'SellBrite'. 'SellBrite' allows you to integrate Amazon/eBay to your store. When an order is placed via those channels, the order is 'imported' via SellBrite to your Shopify store, and the order will reflect this. 

Long story short, you're seeing 'import' next to your order because that order came in through some sort of integration within your Store. 

If you have any follow up questions for me that you'd like an answer to, please reply to this thread and let me know! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply.

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CedarLake
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi. Thanks for the information. I only sell through my own shopify website cedarlake.ca, so I am not sure why this shows via import. It also doesn't hit my sales under the online category. It does show in total sales, but I can't see where it is pulling it from. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks. Susan

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hi there, @CedarLake aka Susan! I hope you're doing well!

Thanks for reaching out with your question here! 'Import' may be attributed to your orders if you're using third party integrations to help create and ship the products that have been purchased. Are you using any sort of integrations or third parties for any of your products? I noticed you have postcards in your store, so I'm wondering if you have such an integration currently. 

When it comes to pinpointing where these sales are in your analytics, I have some steps here to help you find them. This will also likely pinpoint the source of these imports.

• Login to your Store Admin
  • On the left-hand side, click 'Analytics'
  • Once again on the left, click 'Reports' under 'Analytics'
  • Using the search bar, search for 'Net Sales'
  • Once on this page, you can click the dropdown that says 'All Channels' and you will be able to filter through these channels and find where all of your sales are coming from. 

Using the steps above, you should be able to determine the source of your sales, and from them be able to pinpoint where your 'Import' orders are coming from.

Let me know if you find the information you need, or if you need some additional help! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog