How can I regain access to my suspended ecommerce store?

GG1313
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi guys,

I hired a developer through Fiverr to help me with my shopify store but she was a scammer and I ended up getting refund from Fiverr and cancelling our contract. But after that, she suspended me from my own shopify store and now I can't get to it. I don't understand how is it possible (I changed password and all) and what I can do about it. I can't get through any shopify support centre, I sent them message on Facebook but still no answer. Could anybody advise me please what I can do in this situation? Thank you very much!

Replies 4 (4)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1569

@GG1313 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Sorry for you are facing this issues, But why you have a developer from the freelancing site.
They are not a proper developer, many of them were scammer,

So on my opinion, Only hire the Agency or from the Shopify Expert Marketplace.
They are work under the Guidence of Shopify,

For this concernd contact to the Shopify Support team. 
Might be they help you,
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

Thank you

GG1313
Tourist
3 0 2
Thank you,

I'm new to this so I had no idea that Shopify offers this kind of service.
(developers)

But I learned my lesson!

Thanks.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @GG1313

This sounds very distressing and I want to help you resolve this as quickly as possible! The quickest way to do this is for you to contact our support so that they can verify and take you through the steps to reclaim ownership.

You can contact Shopify's support by going to our Help Center and clicking **Contact Support**. You will be prompted to either log in or continue without a store. Once you have selected an option you will need to ask about a topic. Search for your query and relevant help docs will populate as well as the option to proceed to live chat or email.

Moving forward, it will be useful for you to familiarise yourself with how to add/remove staff and give them permissions in your store. I'd also recommend you get to know the best tips for keeping your Shopify account secure.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

GG1313
Tourist
3 0 2
Thank you very much Andrew,

That was very helpful!