Solved

I made a change to my assets code and now my site is broken.

Woolnerd13
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello, I tried to edit my assets under style.scss.liquid to display two items per row in mobile, with the following code; .collection-grid .medium-up--one-half {
width: 50%;
}

It did not fix the issue and when I tried to edit the code back to the original state the website display is seriously altered. www.borealiswoolco.com

Here is snapshot of where I tried to edit the code: 

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 10.07.03 PM.png

 Thank you so much in advance!

****Update***

I've deleted the small bit of custom code beneath the "Custom Code Below Here" line and the site is now functioning properly. However, I would like to be able to re-enter the custom code in the correct format to get those changes active again. Can someone please have a look at it and see where the error(s) are?

Thanks folks!

Accepted Solutions (3)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Woolnerd13 ,

You just need to use display grid. In your style.css add the code below.

@media only screen and (max-width: 481px) {
.grid.product-list {
display: grid !important;
grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr !important;
}
}

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

View solution in original post

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi @Woolnerd13 ,

Try to remove this two curly brackets. I don't think there should be curly brackets there. Check the image below.

highlighted the two bracketshighlighted the two brackets

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Sorry. It is me. It should be display, not dsiplay.  Corrected the code below. 

.grid.product-list.clearfix::before {
display: none !important;
}

Replies 9 (9)

Woolnerd13
Tourist
6 0 1

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi @Woolnerd13 ,

You just need to use display grid. In your style.css add the code below.

@media only screen and (max-width: 481px) {
.grid.product-list {
display: grid !important;
grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr !important;
}
}

Woolnerd13
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks for this. I assume this addresses the display of two items per row on mobile issue?

Could you please also look at the existing custom code from my screen shot and see if there are any errors there?

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi @Woolnerd13 ,

Try to remove this two curly brackets. I don't think there should be curly brackets there. Check the image below.

highlighted the two bracketshighlighted the two brackets

Woolnerd13
Tourist
6 0 1

Yup this works for the display issue! However, it did not evenly distribute the rows and so there is a blank item on both the top and bottom row, which are the only rows displaying only one item. How can I fix this?

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi @Woolnerd13 ,

This is because of the clearfix pseudo. We can hide the :before. Just add this code below. 

dsiplay: none !important;
}
Woolnerd13
Tourist
6 0 1

 Hmm, so I've added the code but I still have the blank rows on mobile. Maybe there is an error in how I entered it?

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 11.01.41 PM.png

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Sorry. It is me. It should be display, not dsiplay.  Corrected the code below. 

display: none !important;
}

Woolnerd13
Tourist
6 0 1

Wow, incredible. You have saved me a lot of worry! This is my first time changing code, and somehow with your help I have got it right! Thank you Made4Uo!