because i want use paypal 

please help me  

Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @chillstoreteam!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

To change your store's currency, you can navigate to your Shopify Admin's Settings > General > Store currency. Clicking on your current store's currency will give you the option to change it to a different one, but only if you haven't made any sales yet on your store. If you've made your first sale, you'll need to get in touch with our Support Team so that we can help you change your currency. While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you in your request. You can visit our Help Centre here, and log in to your account to create a support request.

I understand that you'd like to change your store's currency to USD so that you're able to utilize PayPal as one of your payment gateways. Have you also been using another payment gateway for your store so far, to process payments and orders? If so, and if you already have a few sales on your store, it's important to note that there are a few aspects within your store that will be affected when you change your currency. I'll outline these below so that you can have a think about them:

1. Customer expectation: If your store's main currency is changed, your customers may automatically assume that your store operates in the country where the currency is located. Where this may run into issue is that customers may get charged cross-border fees on their credit cards, and they may not be expecting them, since they’d be paying in their own currency on your store.

2. Reporting: Changing currencies can also affect your store's reporting. When changing currencies, Shopify's reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if your store had 40 SAR processed today for example, that would show as 40 SAR in reports. If the next day you switch to USD, the report would still read as 40 SAR for previous processing. Since 1 SAR is not equal to 1 USD, the reports in theory will be wrong going forward. Because of this, refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected, as they will be processed in the new currency.

3. Product pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies isn't the same, a product price’s value could mean something different if currency is adjusted and may impact on a product margin. For example, 20 SAR is not equal to 20 USD, therefore any margins you place on a product between its cost and RRP may differ after changing your currency.

4. Gift cards: If any of your customers have gift cards with remaining balances in the old selling currency, this will not work once the selling currency of the store has been changed.

5. Shipping rates: Any shipping rates you've set out will maintain the previous currency and will not update automatically. After a currency change, you will need to delete the previous rates and add them back in manually to list them in the new currency.

So those are just some things that you'll need to consider before committing to changing your store's currency. I recommend taking a bit of time to go through your store, and check for the potential impacts listed above that can affect your store if you end up changing your currency.

While we're discussing the topic of currency here, I thought I'd also highlight that if you'd like your customers to browse using their local currency too when visiting your store, you can install a currency converter app from our Shopify App store. This will better your store's overall experience for customers, as you're offering them a more localised shopping experience. This aspect is also one of the simplest yet often overlooked strategies of selling internationally, so I highly recommend you look into this more if it's something that aligns with your business plan and model. If you need further guide on selling internationally too, take a look at our Shopify blog here on some handy tips and tricks.

Let me know how you get on with the information above! I'd be happy to help if you have any other questions.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog