Solved

If i change my store theme, will the coding transfer

UnfoundGroup
Shopify Partner
43 0 8

I have coding in my Debut store for Google Tags, FB, SEO and some important things of such. 

I have just created a new store theme and want to go Live with it however, in doing so, I want to know about all the custom coding i have will it transfer into my new theme code? 
Because i would not have a clue where all it is. 

Regards
Ross M.
Accepted Solutions (2)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3079 604 856

This is an accepted solution.

Hello Ross,

You have to manually copy the custom code to new theme.

Thanks

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter

View solution in original post

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi @UnfoundGroup.

Thank you for your message, it looks like @Developer-G beat me to the answer here, he is absolutely correct. 

If you are in your admin under Online Store>Themes and click Actions>Edit code, you are viewing the code files for your live theme. So modifying the code files of a given theme will not affect any of the other themes you have unpublished in your library. If you have received theme customizations from our Theme support team, however, they can certainly be reapplied using additional design time. 

If you need to contact our Themes team, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. If you are using a third-party theme, you will need to reach out to your third-party theme developer or a Shopify Expert for the next steps.

I hope this further information helps you out, feel free to reach back out here if you run into any further questions, we are always happy to chat. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3079 604 856

Hello Ross,

You have to manually copy the custom code to new theme.

Thanks

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi @UnfoundGroup.

Thank you for your message, it looks like @Developer-G beat me to the answer here, he is absolutely correct. 

If you are in your admin under Online Store>Themes and click Actions>Edit code, you are viewing the code files for your live theme. So modifying the code files of a given theme will not affect any of the other themes you have unpublished in your library. If you have received theme customizations from our Theme support team, however, they can certainly be reapplied using additional design time. 

If you need to contact our Themes team, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. If you are using a third-party theme, you will need to reach out to your third-party theme developer or a Shopify Expert for the next steps.

I hope this further information helps you out, feel free to reach back out here if you run into any further questions, we are always happy to chat. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.