Image Banner On Homepage Not Resizing Properly (Not Dynamic)

Image Banner On Homepage Not Resizing Properly (Not Dynamic)

snorlak
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello,

This issue is driving me crazy. I am trying to edit my code so that the image on my homepage is resizing properly. Here is an example of what I am after, no matter the resolution you can see that the banner resizes according to screen resolution - https://enigmapc.com.au/. In my case, this is what my site looks like after resizing with the images attached. I am using the same Shopify default Dawn theme as the example provided.

snorlak_1-1677070878396.pngsnorlak_2-1677070890141.png

snorlak_3-1677070926327.png

snorlak_4-1677070953088.png

Replies 6 (6)

harivishwakarma
Shopify Partner
322 46 55

Hallo @snorlak 

You have to create separate image for mobile. Then it will look good.

banned
snorlak
Visitor
2 0 1

I don't think this is the solution, what if I simply have a smaller width monitor? Here is an example where the screen is smaller in width, it will look like this. I can't possibly make a new resolution image for each screen size. There must be a resize/dynamic option for images on Shopify?

snorlak_0-1677073041762.png

WLD
Visitor
1 0 0

When I am on the page that needs the dynamic header image, here is what I do:

• Click on the banner image so it is active in the left menu
  • In the left menu, this image is marked as "Slide" - click on the back arrow/left carrot next to the title "Slide" so the collection template overview shows in this sidebar menu
  • Click where it says "Slideshow" under the template
  • Make sure to select the following:
    • Layout: Full Width
    • Slide Height: Adapt to First Image
  • Save

I am using the Refresh theme and am brand new to Shopify, but after searching for a while, this is the best solution I can find without attempting to mess with the code...where I am sure I would do more harm than good. 😉

Drekkly
Tourist
8 0 1

I'm having the same problem. Why does everyone keep mentioning mobile when that clearly isn't the issue? SMH - I want the same as you auto resizing so if you go from Macbook to Widescreen monitor you can see the whole image. The mobile image is completely different and irrelevant. Did you manage to sort this problem in the end?

EcoSplat
Tourist
13 0 2

Yep I am keen to know too - have had this as an ongoing issue. Seems like quite a core issues for Shopify!

EcoSplat
Tourist
13 0 2

Having the same issue and can't set a seperate image for mobile even if I wanted to - it just sets the same banner image for both desktop and mobile.