image flicker between slides on slideshow

oood
Tourist
7 0 1

My images are flickering between each slide in my slideshow. They flicker just once each time a new image appears. They are scaled to the recommended size (1800 x 800 px). I am using the Baseline Theme.

Replies 8 (8)

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @oood ,

Please send your site and if your site is password protected, please send me the password. I will check it for you.

LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool.
Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
oood
Tourist
7 0 1

thanks! you can follow the link to the site https://ls8mhckiyah9klc0-58203144341.shopifypreview.com

Evgeniy-M
Shopify Partner
44 6 10

Hey @oood , do you mean the slider on the product page? I don't see any flickering, but sometimes if I slide very fast I can see that images don't appear immediately. It is called "lazyloading". The images started to get loading when they actually are on the screen. It is good for website's loading speed.

Btw, the design is awesome 🙂 

Liquid Ajax Cart — a Javascript library to build Shopify Ajax Carts using plain Liquid templates.
oood
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Evgeniy

Glad you like the design thanks! and sorry I had the slideshow on the home page hidden for a moment while I tried a couple different options. You should be able to see it now. The site is not longer password protected so you can fine it at oddoneoutdesign.com 

thanks again

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @oood ,

Please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.
- Step 2: Go to Assets > theme.min.css and paste this at the bottom of the file:

[aria-hidden="false"].splide__slide.is-active .responsive-image-wrapper .responsive-image{
	left: 1rem !important;
}

Hope it helps!

Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
oood
Tourist
7 0 1

Unfortunately the problem persists. Appreciate the effort though. 

Evgeniy-M
Shopify Partner
44 6 10

@oood I also checked the slider. It is uses the https://splidejs.com/ library under the hood. But I didn't see the problem on their website. I think only a developer with the access to source code of your website can solve the issue and figure out why it happened. If you had a code uploaded to github or somewhere else, I believe we could help.

Liquid Ajax Cart — a Javascript library to build Shopify Ajax Carts using plain Liquid templates.
LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @oood,

I tested it and it worked fine. Not longer flicker like before, now it's just a matter of lazyload.

If you want to turn it off completely, please send me the code of the slideshow file. I will check and guide you in detail.