Image quality looks different on article template section vs. blog template section (debut theme)

schoe3
Pathfinder
103 0 24
Replies 6 (6)

AnkitRawat
Shopify Partner
36 3 23

Hello @schoe3 ,

Happy to help! I looked into your website and saw that images which you are using on article template section and blog template section have different dimensions due to which blog template section image is not clear. 

The image of blog template page is of small dimension and applying the width, height greater than image actual size is making it stretch and blurish.  Use big size image for blog template and use image using srcset as applied on article template section to prevent your site from slowing down. 

schoe3
Pathfinder
103 0 24

Thank you for the response. I don't know how to open the rar files. 

I would feel more comfortable if you could show the code directly on this discussion thread. Also, it would be more accessible for other people who might encounter this situation. 

Also, I made three attempts trying to understand the second paragraph. Is there a way better way to paraphrase it? I will be honest it is a lot to take in. I don't think I am smart enough to understand your thought process. 

Regardless, I hope this doesn't discourage the next steps. Looking forward to hearing from you AnkitRawat.

Cheers

AnkitRawat
Shopify Partner
36 3 23

Just upload image of same size on both template, that's it. On one template you are using small image, when you render small image on big screen it will become stretch and blurish that's what happening here. 

schoe3
Pathfinder
103 0 24

Thank AnkitRawat! You are speaking my language. 

So, in the article template section, I am using a small image rendering when I should be using a big image. 

AnkitRawat
Shopify Partner
36 3 23

Yes use same size image and if you still find some difficulties, I can fix it for you but you have to add me as a staff member in your shopify store.

How was my answer?
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

schoe3
Pathfinder
103 0 24

What would the code look like for the same size image, AnkitRawat?