Images from collections gallery pointing to non canonical URLs

jaimesd
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi everyone! I´m having this problem, in collections pages, the images from the products grid are pointing to non canonical URLs. With this image is clear: 

shopify.png

I´ve changed the <a href from the product title to {{ product.url}} and work fine, and I made the same change in the <a href in the image but it didn´t work. The template is this one: product-get-images.liquid.

Anyone know how to solve this? I´m having problems with SEO because of the poor crawling from Googlebot. 

Thanks!

Replies 5 (5)

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @jaimesd,

Please send the site's link and code of product-get-images.liquid file. I will check it.

LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool.
Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
jaimesd
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, thanks for the answer. I send you the code of product-get-images.liquid

{%- if settings.product_format_pjpg -%}
{%- assign image_format = 'pjpg' -%}
{%- else -%}
{%- assign image_format = null -%}
{%- endif -%}
{%- if settings.product_collection_image_size != 'auto' -%}
{%- assign stretch_size = settings.product_collection_image_size -%}
{%- assign height_procent = settings.product_collection_image_height_percent -%}
{%- endif -%}
<a href="{{ url }}" class="d-block cursor-default" data-js-product-image>
{%- capture image_id -%} data-image-id="{{ image.id }}"{%- endcapture -%}
{% render 'rimage' with image: image size: image_size format: image_format height_procent: height_procent stretch_size: stretch_size alt: title attr: image_id %}
</a>

The web is https:// thelofbox.com/

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @jaimesd ,

Please change:

<a href="{{ url }}" class="d-block cursor-default" data-js-product-image>

=>

<a href="{{ product.url }}" class="d-block cursor-default" data-js-product-image>

It will work fine.

If my answer can help you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
jaimesd
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @LitCommerce I´ve already tried that but unfortunately, doesn´t work, I don´t know why... With that change, the image links to the collection URL, not the product. Also I´ve tried with  {{canonical.url}} but nothing

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @jaimesd ,

You can send me staff account with email: namphan992@gmail.com

I will check it.