Why aren't images loading on mobile using the Avenue theme?

Suky_Gardiner
4 0 0

We're using the theme 'Avenue' and images are loading on desktop but not mobile. Please can someone advise? Our URL is www.lucyandsam.com 

Replies 7 (7)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2327 454 397

Hey @Suky_Gardiner.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is very helpful! Looking into the URL that you have provided, I was able to navigate successfully to your store with the images loading correctly on my mobile device. In this case, could you attempt to clear the cache on your mobile browser to see if that allows the images to load?

If the issue persists, I would suggest attempting this action on a separate browser. As for example, if you are using Safari - try this action on Google Chrome.

Let me know if that does the trick.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ant22882
4 0 0

We are experiencing exactly this issue with our site using Avenue theme - issues with either some or all of the images not displaying on mobiles.  I am very disappointed with the advice provided by Shopify above - this solution will not fix the issue, which is that visitors will land on the site and essentially not be able to see the products or interact properly.  Having just checked out lucyandsam.com on two different mobile devices, I can see that two months later their issue is not fixed and their site is basically non-functioning on these devices.  If this sort of problem is not resolved, then Avenue should be removed from the theme store.

Suky_Gardiner
4 0 0

Hi Ant, thank for your reply on this thread, we did resolve the issue with Avenue back in April. Please could you advise which mobile devices you have used to view the site and the URL's of the pages where images are not loading correctly so we can investigate further? Thanks for your help! 

Sam 

ant22882
4 0 0

Hi Sam,

The website is www.localvegbox.co.uk and it effects the main page and every product page on a variety of different mobiles, however one example is the iPhone 8.

Many thanks,

Antony

Suky_Gardiner
4 0 0

Thanks Anthony, i was referring to the URL's on lucyandsam.com where you have mentioned you have seen image issues on mobile devices, are you able to share these please as we were not aware of any current issues? 

Thanks 

Sam 

ant22882
4 0 0

Hi,

For lucyandsam.com it affects the main index page, all collections, all product pages and more.

This is the case when using an iPhone 8 and iPad Air 1, and probably many others.

konsalz
Visitor
1 0 0

Facing same issue with konsalz.com  Images are not loading on mobile devices.