Solved

Why isn't my embedded Vimeo video showing on the Debut theme?

Beadworkz
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi, I believe I have successfully imbedded a video from Vimeo onto the product page of my Debut theme through adding media from URL, however the video does not show up for my customers when viewing my website. It does show up in my admin page. Is there something else I need to do...?

Thanks, Hannah

Accepted Solution (1)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Beadworkz.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate you letting us know which theme you are using as that is helpful! Could you share the URL to the store and let us know which product the video has been added to? As this will allow us to take a closer look into the issue to see what the next troubleshooting steps are to take.

I would suggest if you are unable to add the video directly to the product images, you can add the video to the product description as an alternative. If you navigate to the product within the admin of your store, you can select the video icon in the product description to attempt to add it to the product page. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

14-49-77555-50845

Looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

Hi @Beadworkz,

Please send your site and if your site is password protected, please send me the password.

I will check it for you.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify
Beadworkz
Tourist
9 0 5

Thanks, I got it sorted 🙂

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Beadworkz.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate you letting us know which theme you are using as that is helpful! Could you share the URL to the store and let us know which product the video has been added to? As this will allow us to take a closer look into the issue to see what the next troubleshooting steps are to take.

I would suggest if you are unable to add the video directly to the product images, you can add the video to the product description as an alternative. If you navigate to the product within the admin of your store, you can select the video icon in the product description to attempt to add it to the product page. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

14-49-77555-50845

Looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Beadworkz
Tourist
9 0 5

Thanks Ollie,

I will try your suggestion. Meanwhile my shop URL:

www.beadworkzdunedin.co.nz

The product page is Celtic Tassel Earrings.

I would appreciate if you could have a look.

Many Thanks, Hannah

Beadworkz
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi Ollie, Yes your suggestion worked! And I prefer the video in the product description! 

Thanks heaps! Hannah

Beadworkz
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi Ollie, I have another issue I wonder if you can help with. I have been successfully embedding video to my product page in the description. Thank you for your help with that. It worked really well for one video, but the others are ending up at the bottom of the page, which means customers need to scroll empty space to find the videos. I'm not sure what I have done wrong with these, and have been trying to sort it out to no avail. If you have a chance can you please check my shop, and tell me what you think I can do? www.beadworkzdunedin.co.nz

You can find my successful attempt on the Celtic Tassel Earrings page, and an example of what is generally happening on the Ombre Tassel Earring page.

Many thanks !

Hannah