importing CSV client list keeps on showing error "Missing header: Email"

Solved
LaGirafeCouture
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

I am trying to import a CSV file of a customer list and I keep on getting the following message "Missing header: Email."

I checked and the header "Email" is in my CSV file which I built exactly as per the template provided by Shopify. 

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
channelup
Shopify Partner
522 25 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hi

Could you email the file to me and I can double check it? tom@channelup.io

It might be something to do with how the file is being saved but probably quicker to just have a look myself.

Regards

Tom

Bundleup - bundle your products and unbundle your orders.
Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io

View solution in original post

channelup
Shopify Partner
522 25 120

Hi

Just to note it here if anyone else has similar issue. 

Semi colons were the culprit as they replaced the commas in the file that are meant to separate columns therefore the required headers were not being detected.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io

Replies 10 (10)
channelup
Shopify Partner
522 25 120

Hi

I know you said it has the correct header information but have you tried using the example file to check if it successfully imports: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/customers/customer-csv-issues#missing-header-or-missing-headers

If that one works then double check the file again and perhaps save it as CSV UTF-8 format and try reimporting. Let me know how you go.

Regards

Tom

LaGirafeCouture
Tourist
5 0 1
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded the template file provided by Shopify and I tried to import it. I get the same message « Missing header: Email »

Any suggestion please?

channelup
Shopify Partner
522 25 120

Hi

Could you email the file to me and I can double check it? tom@channelup.io

It might be something to do with how the file is being saved but probably quicker to just have a look myself.

Regards

Tom

channelup
Shopify Partner
522 25 120

Hi

Just to note it here if anyone else has similar issue. 

Semi colons were the culprit as they replaced the commas in the file that are meant to separate columns therefore the required headers were not being detected.

Regards

Tom

LaGirafeCouture
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you so much Tom for going out of your way to fix my problem.

Issue fixed!

Andrea_Slater-S
Tourist
3 0 1

So, I definitely had the semi-colon issue (fixed in google sheets) but I'm still getting the missing header error. This is so frustrating. I didn't have this issue when I bulk edited products before.

channelup
Shopify Partner
522 25 120

Hey

If you need another set of eyes to have a look over it just send a sample over and I can double check it.

Regards

Tom

Andrea_Slater-S
Tourist
3 0 1

That would be most appreciated. Not sure how best to share a sample but happy to share the direct link, too?

I've dropped you a mail. Hope that's okay?

Tenera123
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello Tom, 

I am having the same issue and could not manage to solve the issue...