Importing Email-addresses?

Carlfredrik
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hello!

I have just opened a new Shopify-store and i am having difficulties in importing my customers email-addresses into Shopify.

The only info i have is my customers emais.

I have attached a .csv file and i am hoping that someone could let me know what is wrong with it.

Regards,

Carl

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
475 23 105

Hey Carl

Check out these instructions: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/customers/import-export-customers

Couple of points:

1. The first line of your customer CSV must include all the headers listed on page under (Format your customer CSV file), which are included in the customer CSV template. You don't need the information filled out for each customer but the headers are still required.
  2. When importing customer information, your CSV file must be in UTF-8 format.

Regards

Tom

Bundleup - bundle your products and unbundle your orders.
Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes
Carlfredrik
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hello Tom!

Thank you for your answer.

I downloaded the .CSV template from Shopifys site and imported all my customers email into it, and saved it as an .CSV in the Unicode UTF-8 format,
but it still does not work...

I have attached the file. If you have the time, can you see if it looks ok?

Best regards,

Carl

channelup
Shopify Partner
475 23 105

Hey Carl

Something wrong with that file as wouldn't work for me and the header was incorrect anyway. I just exported a customer list from one of our test sites and used that file to copy one of your emails into it and worked no problem. Ignore what I said before as you only need email column.

Check out the attached file and delete the first email and replace with all your emails. And probably delete the other files you attached so no one downloads your customer lists.

Any issues send me an email so files aren't public.

Regards

Tom

Bundleup - bundle your products and unbundle your orders.
Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
Carlfredrik
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hello Tom!

Thank you for sending the file.

The addresses are now uploading to Shopify!

Best regards,

Carl