Solved

Why aren't customers seeing the $4 First Class shipping option at checkout?

BearArmsM4
10 0 0

Hello, I want to offer my customers First Class and Priority USPS shipping. Both are set up in my shipping rates. My understanding is that priority is ~$8.5 before discounts anywhere through USPS and they provide a tracking number and the package. First class is cheaper but you have to pack it yourself which is fine since envelopes are no more than $.25 on Amazon. However, when I test ordered my product I was only given $7-9 shipping rates during checkout which makes sense for priority but not for first class. When I went to print my shipping label, I see the first class option which is under $4 and what I would expect. Why are my customers not given the $4 option in checkout? Isn't first class just going to require me to print the label for 3.97 and slap it on my own envelope? There is a BIG difference between $8 and $4 shipping for most people.

BearArmsM4_0-1609355419166.png

BearArmsM4_3-1609355843892.png

BearArmsM4_1-1609355537906.png

BearArmsM4_2-1609355627349.png

Accepted Solution (1)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

This is an accepted solution.

@BearArmsM4 wrote:

Also, where can I change the "Free Shipping" verbiage that is displayed before a address is entered?

That is in your themes translations ( locales) in 'checkout & system' category

https://shopify.com/admin/themes/{{themeid}}/language?category=checkout+%26+system&query=free+ship 

where themeid is your current theme id 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

BearArmsM4
10 0 0

Also, where can I change the "Free Shipping" verbiage that is displayed before a address is entered?

BearArmsM4_0-1609356232945.png

BearArmsM4
10 0 0

Also, I added USPS first class package service and still no option in the checkout. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

This is an accepted solution.

@BearArmsM4 wrote:

That is in your themes translations ( locales) in 'checkout & system' category

https://shopify.com/admin/themes/{{themeid}}/language?category=checkout+%26+system&query=free+ship 

where themeid is your current theme id 

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

BearArmsM4
10 0 0

Where is that in the UI?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/change-wording