Can you alter trending items to new arrivals on the main Shopify page?

tati_palladium
Visitor
1 0 0

hello

couldn get how to change trending items on main page. want to put there items from new arrival but didnt find where can do it

Replies 3 (3)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @tati_palladium 

Suppose you want to change the feature collection displayed on the homepage, right?

If so, you first need to create a collection including all trending items you want to show to your customer. Then hit Online Store > Theme > Customize and within the sidebar editor, scroll down to Feature Collection > Hit Change > Change collection and select the collection you've created before.

AvadaCommerce_0-1652759821837.png

I hope this helps you.

banned

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

Hi @tati_palladium,

Please send your site and if your site is password protected, please send me the password. I will check it.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @tati_palladium.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand that you're looking to change the trending items on your homepage. If you're using the  Featured collection section for the trending items, then you can simply switch the collection through the Theme editor as suggested by @AvadaCommerce.

17-40-39-13980

If you're referring to another section on the homepage, like the Recommended products, then it could be slightly more difficult to change as the products in this type of section are generated by your store's analytics/reports (eg. popular items on your store) and would; therefore, require you to make significant coding changes to your theme files. That being said, if you're not comfortable working with coding languages (eg. HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Liquid), then you may want to consider hiring a developer to help you with this - if you need help finding a developer, then I'd recommend taking a look at our directory of certified developers on Shopify Experts

I'd be happy to take a closer look and see where you can get support for your theme. Can you confirm which theme you're using at the moment? Also, which type of section are you using for the trending items on your homepage?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog