FROM CACHE - en_header

Klaviyo integration not working Brooklyn theme

Solved
Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 5

Hi everyone,

I installed the Klaviyo app and use the Brooklyn theme and this is what I want to do:

When people enter their e-mail address in the native Brooklyn newsletter section, they are supposed to be added to my newsletter list in Klaviyo. Then, they receive a welcome mail with a discount code.

However, this does not work. I integrated Klaviyo successfully because for example abandoned cart mails and newsletter signup pop ups are working perfectly.

What I already did:

• Used a custom HTML field to embed a signup form from Klaviyo. But I don't want to do that because it slows down the site speed a lot
  • Contacted Klaviyo support. They told me it should work automatically but it doesn't 😞

I tried the same a few weeks ago with Omnisend and there it worked automatically without any problems.

Can anyone please help me?
My store is: www.peakbelt.com

Thanks a lot,

Andreas

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
gseilei
Shopify Expert
235 28 41

This is an accepted solution.

If you want we could have a deeper look for you. Just write us at info@webmefy.com and we would love to help you, we are using Klaviyo with multiple merchants and don't have any problems, so I think it might be something wrong with the set up.

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)
gseilei
Shopify Expert
235 28 41

Hi Andreas, 

check if you have double opt-in activated on your list: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251108-The-Double-Opt-In-Process.

If you do, the customers won't be added automatically. You will have to talk to Klaviyo support to deactivate that.

I hope that helps! If you need, we could have a deeper look for you. Just write us at info@webmefy.com and we would love to help you.

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 489

Dear Andreas90,

If you are using custom form then need to put page url at subscribe page at Klaviyo.

If you need help on this then contact here: https://www.task4store.com/products/connect-newsletter-to-privy-klaviyo-account

Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 5

Hey @gseilei ,

Thanks for the reply!
I have double opt-in activated, yes, but I think my initial question was poorly phrased:

I have tested the newsletter form field myself. Which means that I typed in my email address and hit submit. However, nothing happens after that. I don't receive a confirmation mail or anything. That's why I think the newsletter form field and Klaviyo are not properly connected. This is where Klaviyo support told me that it should work automatically. But unfortunately, it doesn't...

@MS-WEB-DESIGNER 
Thank you also for your reply.
I embedded a newsletter form field from Klaviyo in the past (as a HTML snippet) and it worked. However, it decreased the loading time of my website A LOT by several seconds. So this would be my least favorite option.

gseilei
Shopify Expert
235 28 41

This is an accepted solution.

If you want we could have a deeper look for you. Just write us at info@webmefy.com and we would love to help you, we are using Klaviyo with multiple merchants and don't have any problems, so I think it might be something wrong with the set up.

Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 5

I might get back to you regarding that as we're currently redesigning the website. 🙂

Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 5

@gseileiThanks for the quick and professional help! Much appreciated 🙂

lushbear
1 0 0

@Andreas90  Hi!  Could you share the solution for this?  I am running into the exact same issue with the Brooklyn theme and Klaviyo not adding the user to the list I specified.  Thanks!

Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 5

Hi,

I couldn't solve it myself but @gseilei did. Contact him and I am sure he will solve this issue for you as well!

gseilei
Shopify Expert
235 28 41

Hi! @lushbear , get in touch with us at info@webmefy.com and we will be able to help you! We are a Klaviyo Partner master, so you are in good hands with us! 🙂 

Crystalyn_Brenn
3 0 0

I have been having the same problem.  I kept pushing Klaviyo to help me and they told me to add this line of code right after the "accepts marketing line"

<input type="hidden" id="customer_tags" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">

AND it works!!!!  Good luck!

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 2.21.14 PM.png

rbuttigieg
1 0 0

I have the exact same issue however the theme is Debutify.  I can see that the customer email gets transferred from Shopify into Klaviyo however it is not getting into the list required and therefore no flow can be automatically triggered.

I have the below code line in newsletter-form.liquid (was there automatically not added by myself) yet nothing is working:

<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="Newsletter">

What I can also say is that on Klaviyo, the profile is showing that accepts marketing = true.

rbuttigieg_0-1598503062472.png

@gseilei wonder if you can help.

KristinaE
Excursionist
33 0 19

I'm having the same issues! 😞 @gseilei please help me out!

malonl1
5 0 0

Were you ever able to figure this out? I am running into the same issue!

KarlLindner
1 0 0

Hi all!  I had the same problem with Shopify Broadcast theme, and have successfully configured it!   Literally hours of searching this community (like 6 total) and I ended up using Crystalyn_Brenn suggestion from Klaviyo support.  

newsletter-form.liquid is where you need to add the code:

<input type="hidden" id="customer_tags" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">

under the line, <input type="hidden" name="contact[accepts_marketing]" value="true">

Everyone talked about the code <input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter"> but without id="customer_tags" and it didn't work until this was added.  My wife and family thank you for posting this info or my whole weekend would have been going down this rabbit hole until Monday because I have OCD with mechanical things like this and I wouldn't be able to stop until it was solved.  So thank you very much!

Crystalyn_Brenn
3 0 0
Hooray!! I’m so happy that was helpful!!  Enjoy your weekend!!