Limit Order Quantity for a Specific Product

Yunus1711
Tourist
19 0 1

Hi All,

I just want to know whether it's possible through code whether I am able to limit a specific product or set of products (if needed) to a limited quantity of 1 or 2 rather than them ordering more since we have limited stock for the specific product.

I will be using the Warehouse theme (if this info helps in anyway)

It would be great if this can be done without a plugin but if there is a great plugin on the Shopify store please let me know a few.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
471 68 74

Hey @Yunus1711!

Apps are generally the go-to solution for a feature like this and would be more cost-effective rather than hiring a coding expert.

The first app that comes to mind is the Order Limits (MinMaxify) app. I know that this will allow you to restrict which products a customer can purchase as well as limit the quantity of that item. If you want to be totally sure of any aspect of using this app I would reach out to its developers using the contact details listed on the app store page as they will be able to field any queries you have around functionality.

Should you prefer to head down the custom HTML path, you can also consider hiring a Shopify Expert Developer to create a private app or otherwise handle this using a custom-coded solution.

Additionally, whilst being on the topic of product pages, you may like to have a look at our article on Writing Product Descriptions That Sell. One of the points in the article is to focus on your ideal buyer when you write your product descriptions. What kind of person are they, and what language can you use to ensure they feel like you're talking to them directly? Increasing the font size for readability and using easy to scan bullet points is also a good point. I’d definitely recommend bookmarking it and checking it out when you have time!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog