Logo missing when sharing on FB

mcm0211
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi,

I am trying to share my Shopify website on Facebook but no image is showing.  I do have an image saved under my preferences in my social sharing.  Does anybody know how to fix this?

Replies 6 (6)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @mcm0211 

This can happen if your store has not yet been crawled or indexed by Facebook. I would recommend using the Facebook debugger tool to search for your store URL and then use the scrape button to ask Facebook to recheck the data. 

If that doesn't work, please share your store URL and your theme type and hopefully our developers in our forums can assist in providing the code needed to manually add the image to the theme file itself. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mcm0211
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, thanks for the information.  I ran the debugger and got the following message: 

• Missing Properties
    The following required properties are missing: fb:app_id

How do I fix this?  I have minimal theme and my site is www.mysilverliningsjewelry.com

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @mcm0211 

Great question! The error you are seeing is totally normal and to the best of my knowledge is only required on specific themes when the scrape is not collecting the website metadata (image and store description). 

When you go to share a link to your store on FB, are you seeing the appropriate content populating for you? If yes, nothing to worry about! If not let me know and I can see if I can find some community posts with the details on how you can potentially add the data manually into your theme file. Generally, that isn't necessary to do. 

Taygz15
Tourist
7 0 3

I have a very similar problem and have posted a question but am yet to receive a response.  Website run through debugger many times and still nothing but i have a different error.  Website is ellcadindustries.com and the images below to confirm the issuedebug error.jpgScreenshot_20230802_215517_Facebook.jpg

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Thank you for the screenshots! 

Can you confirm for me if in your store admin, under Online Store > Preferences, you have your store details filled in? This is where your social sharing information should be pulled from.

03-24-64398-9549

Taygz15
Tourist
7 0 3

Hello, thank you for the reply. Yes i can confirm the information is there . I had a small win and noticed of i changed the logo in my header to a jpg that it would use that image. So I'm happy with that for now. It only just occured to me now to change the social sharing image to a jpg and not a png it may work so ill try that in the morning. 

Screenshot_20230803_220534_Shopify.jpg