Minimal theme - not a function error

godeye
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm having a problem with this error: Uncaught TypeError: theme.cacheSelectors is not a function in file theme.js of Minimal theme.

The problem appears when I go to the site which is not cached (at least so I think). This problem mostly occurs when you visit the site on a new device or if you haven't visited it for a couple of days.

The problem is that the Featured products collection pictures are somewhat grayed out and they slowly transition from a clearer image into a more grayed out overlay. If you refresh the site, the problem usually goes away, but I can't expect the potential customer to do that.

I have modified the code in the past, so I probably messed something up and didn't notice when it happened.

I have some experience in programming, but consider me a newbie when dealing with web development and liquid.

I have attached the original and modified theme.js files (but have changed the extensions to .txt so that it would let me upload them).

I would appreciate any suggestions on what could be the issue or possible solutions. If you need any more info, please let me know.

Here is the error screenshot with grayed out product images example:

website error 2.png

Replies 2 (2)

godeye
Visitor
2 0 0

update: Even if I disable cache in chrome developer tools, I can't reproduce the error when refreshing the website.

Is there really no one able to help me with this? Or at least point me to the developer who can?

maubertbaptiste
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I have same problem, they do no give a sh*t they want us to upgrade for premium them