Solved

Minimal theme SCSS cannot convert to CSS

DiamondStudios
Visitor
2 0 0

I've seen the notice about SCSS being depricated on Shopify for a while now, and as I'm staring a new shop, I wanted to use a simple theme that was compatible.  I downloaded Minimal theme from Shopify only to find that it has not been updated and still uses SCSS.  I then tried to use an online converter to change the SCSS to CSS and then put it in a new file and link to that in the header, but that isn't working either.  Every converter I put it in throws multiple "Invalid CSS" errors. I even tried removing the code snippet that seemed to be causing the initial error, only to get a new one further down.

Please advise and thank you in advance.

Accepted Solution (1)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@DiamondStudios 

Using SCSS won't cause any issues to your store. However, if you'd like to convert SCSS to CSS you can use an online tool like such

As you mentioned yourself, you may need to edit some pieces of the code manually otherwise the converter will throw you errors (like mixings or variables not being found). 

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@DiamondStudios 

Using SCSS won't cause any issues to your store. However, if you'd like to convert SCSS to CSS you can use an online tool like such

As you mentioned yourself, you may need to edit some pieces of the code manually otherwise the converter will throw you errors (like mixings or variables not being found). 

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

DiamondStudios
Visitor
2 0 0

Okay I'll give that a try and in the meantime cross my fingers about the scss breaking down.

FullmoonArt
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello Diego,

I am also facing the same issue. Since we are not developers, we cannot just edit it manually because there is an error in your code, It would be appreciated if you update the code from the errors or help us to fix it, I don't have time and knowledge to check 2000 lines of code to find an error.

Thank you

I keep waiting for  your reply

Best regards