Missing records DNS

Solved
noerrelund
1 0 0

Hey Shopify 

I have tried to set up my email with my DNS records.

My domain is from Hover. They helped me and mentioned I am missing the MX, DKIM, and SPF records for my email. 

Can you help me to find these records?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Greta
Shopify Staff
39 10 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @noerrelund!

Thank you for your post, I can definitely point you in the right direction for finding the DNS records you need for your domain email.

You may be eligible to add the Shopify SPF and DKIM records to your third-party domain for your sender email, which will allow your marketing and confirmation emails to customers to be sent with ease.

If you are using a third-party domain, and if you’re on a paid Shopify plan, you can follow these steps to authenticate the sender email on your store:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings.
  2. Click Store details.
  3. In the Store contact information section, click Manage next to the Sender email field.
  4. On the Sender email page, click Authenticate.
  5. Follow the instructions to enter the new CNAME records into your third-party domain manager.

* The exception to this would be if you are located in Canada, as Canadian senders aren’t eligible to use DKIM records due to data restriction requirements.

Let me know if you try this and if you have any more questions!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Greta
Shopify Staff
39 10 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @noerrelund!

Thank you for your post, I can definitely point you in the right direction for finding the DNS records you need for your domain email.

You may be eligible to add the Shopify SPF and DKIM records to your third-party domain for your sender email, which will allow your marketing and confirmation emails to customers to be sent with ease.

If you are using a third-party domain, and if you’re on a paid Shopify plan, you can follow these steps to authenticate the sender email on your store:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings.
  2. Click Store details.
  3. In the Store contact information section, click Manage next to the Sender email field.
  4. On the Sender email page, click Authenticate.
  5. Follow the instructions to enter the new CNAME records into your third-party domain manager.

* The exception to this would be if you are located in Canada, as Canadian senders aren’t eligible to use DKIM records due to data restriction requirements.

Let me know if you try this and if you have any more questions!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post