Solved

More elaborate Product Detail Page

gregorsart
Shopify Partner
63 1 19

I want to develop with the new Dawn Theme. Everything ist fine so far, except the Product Detail Page. If I use more then one product image, they are displayed one img below the other. Is ist possible to integrate a kind of "slideshow" so only one image is shown and the others are accessible via thumbnails or bulletpoints. Is there a theme-app that already supports Shop 2.0 or can I develop functionality myself and how can I start?

Thx for the help, 

Greetings Gregor

Accepted Solution (1)

marcoswata
Shopify Partner
122 10 34

This is an accepted solution.

If you check the code for the product images, they are wrapped in a slider-component (if you check that option in the theme customiser). That means the product images are already ready to be in a slideshow, but on mobile only. 

So you basically just need to change the CSS in order to make the desktop view the same as on mobile devices. That means if some rules are specific to mobile (screen < 750px), you can apply the same for screens > 749px. And if there is anything specific for screens > 749px you can remove. You might need to adjust a few things, but that worked for me! 

If my answer was helpful then please Like and Accept Solution 🙂
If you need help with design, development or marketing your store, contact me!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

marcoswata
Shopify Partner
122 10 34

This is an accepted solution.

If you check the code for the product images, they are wrapped in a slider-component (if you check that option in the theme customiser). That means the product images are already ready to be in a slideshow, but on mobile only. 

So you basically just need to change the CSS in order to make the desktop view the same as on mobile devices. That means if some rules are specific to mobile (screen < 750px), you can apply the same for screens > 749px. And if there is anything specific for screens > 749px you can remove. You might need to adjust a few things, but that worked for me! 

gregorsart
Shopify Partner
63 1 19

Clever! May I ask, what css files of the Dawn theme did you touch / edit:

• component-slider.css
  • component-product-model.css

I changed these two, is this enough, because it is only almost working 😉

Greetings newbie

marcoswata
Shopify Partner
122 10 34

component-slider.css should be enough, post a preview link here and I'll be happy to take a look 

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

@gregorsart 

Hi, 

I think you mean product slider? If so check this video. Link with code provided under the video description

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!