Solved

How can I add dynamic ingredient tabs to my perfume product pages?

tomm1p
Excursionist
34 0 8

Hi!

I have a problem on my page: https://parfumerija-amour.myshopify.com/ (pass: flohld)

We sell perfumes on the site. I would like to have one tab where there is a description of the perfume, one tab where the Ingredients of the perfume is written. The problem is because this Ingredients changes with each perfume, it is dynamic. Is it possible to do that?

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 13.20.11.png

Greetings, Tomas

Accepted Solution (1)
ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is an accepted solution.

It's explained step by step in the help docs. The keywords to look for are metafields and dynamic sources. You can also do a search for those keywords on YouTube and you will find multiple videos explaining the process in detail.

In short you would have to store the text you want to show per-product in the tabs in metafields, e. g. one metafield for the description, one metafield for the ingredients, etc. and then fill those metafields with the content per product. And then you can hook up the tabs with those metafields in the theme editor.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

It looks like you're using the Expanse theme with support for Online Store 2.0 / Sections Everywhere. If that's the case, one way to do this is to add the tabs as blocks and instead of entering text you would hook up the tab content field with a dynamic source (metafield) that contains the product description, another tab that contains the ingredients, etc.

You can find more info on Online Store 2.0 and Sections Everywhere and dynamic sources here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os20/theme-structure/sections/#using-metafiel...

Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
tomm1p
Excursionist
34 0 8

Thank You @ThomasBorowski , but but I don’t understand exactly how I can come up with a solution to my problem. What exactly must I do?

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is an accepted solution.

It's explained step by step in the help docs. The keywords to look for are metafields and dynamic sources. You can also do a search for those keywords on YouTube and you will find multiple videos explaining the process in detail.

In short you would have to store the text you want to show per-product in the tabs in metafields, e. g. one metafield for the description, one metafield for the ingredients, etc. and then fill those metafields with the content per product. And then you can hook up the tabs with those metafields in the theme editor.