Mr. Parker theme, main menu links not working

nunsuch0
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,
I customized Mr Parker theme, but have run into a weird problem. Top main menu links are not working - I click, but am not taken to the target page. Code inspection shows proper links are coded. There are no js error messages. This happens on both Chrome and Firefox I tested with. Other links in page body work as expected.

There are no tags entered in the links setup. Even weirder, the same menu appearing in the footer works fine. Same menu in mobile version works fine as well.
I'm very new to Shopify & Shopify themes, though I've been a developer on other platforms/from scratch for a long time. Anyone has any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks!

Replies 8 (8)

tim
Shopify Expert
3258 232 1178

Do you still experience it? I was able to click your menu links without problems.

nunsuch0
Tourist
4 0 1

Yes. I also tried logging out, cleared the cache, removed Shopify cookies and the issue persists. This issue is only with the Top page main menu. May I ask, which browser did you test it with? Thanks!

pioneer100
Shopify Partner
1119 145 481

as @tim has said, your links are working. i tested in chrome browser.

If helpful, Please Like and accept The Solution.
tim
Shopify Expert
3258 232 1178

Chrome/Safari/Firefox on Mac. All work good.

Have you tried different computer/elsewhere?

nunsuch0
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you! Weird, I tested it on Chrome on my phone (choosing desktop version), and had the same problem. But, on my second computer, everything works fine. I'm still scratching my head. 

Miss_Hula
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi, 

Did you find a solution to this? I;m having the exact same issue with me Mr Parker. Only difference is it;s not working on two different laptops using Chrome and Edge. 

A web dev has taken a look and said the code is fine, and it works on their Chrome and Firefox. 

Very odd/frustrating!

Thanks! Kylie

www.hula-beach.com

nunsuch0
Tourist
4 0 1

Never found the solution, sorry. However, when I went back to test it few weeks later, I didn't have the same issue. No idea what happened there.

Miss_Hula
Excursionist
15 0 3

Underground have had a look at the code. They've fixed the issue. I think its a bug effecting large touch screen devices, as the devices we tested on were both touch screen (Underground suggested this so I think it's a known issue). If it happens again on your website, drop them a message and they'll fix it for you super quickly 🙂