Multiple pages with unique content on the same template

ed_cupaioli
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I created a template for a landing page. All the content is editable and I want my non-technical users to be able to go in and create a new page and add new content to it. The issue here is that the content is only edited at the template level, not the specific page level. Let's say we made a landing page for Product A. Now I want to be able to use this same exact template, but I want the landing page to focus on Product B. If I go into the theme customization and change the Product to B then the Product A page will now have the Product B info. 

I could just create a new template and recycle the same settings, but then users will not be able to easily add new pages

Replies 3 (3)

Savior
Shopify Partner
537 108 161

@ed_cupaioli 

You can achieve this by using Metafields. Please try them.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me. Feel free to contact me on shopify.dev.34@gmail.com | Shopify Design Changes | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme

banned
ed_cupaioli
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Metafields are not available for Pages :

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 3.16.53 PM.png

This will not be a solution unless there is a way to enable metafields on pages. 

Savior
Shopify Partner
537 108 161

@ed_cupaioli 

Then you can use any Free Shopify Custom field app.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me. Feel free to contact me on shopify.dev.34@gmail.com | Shopify Design Changes | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme

banned