My Online Store (Checkout) Is Not Working!

bonjoursergio
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi everyone! I recently created an online store with Shopify so my merchandise can appear on my Spotify Artist profile. However, a couple of weeks have passed an it doesn't work. I have tried everything I saw on here but nothing helps. Everything works fine except the checkout options. One can't check out the standard way, nor with PayPal or ShopPay. Nothing works! All documents are in order as well as my PayPal account and my bank account information so the problem is probably not there. I have also tried on different devices and on different browsers after clearing my cookies/cache, and I have tried with different themes as well.

Here is my store: http://www.bonjoursergio.store/

In other news, the SSL still appears as pending despite being properly active according to my domain provider. 

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 12.25.57.pngScreenshot 2022-11-13 at 12.26.19.png

Replies 3 (3)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1548 187 276

Hey there, @bonjoursergio. Thanks so much for making this post in the Shopify Commuity. I'm here to help you get this situation resolved!

Checkout issues are a huge drag and are definitely something we want to resolve right away. I'm going to jump right in to what I think the issue is here, and how to fix it. Then, we'll do some testing to see if things are fixed! 

My belief here is that there is something going on with your domain that is prevening folks from being able to access the checkout. The reason why I suspect this is because I used one of our internal tools to run some tests on your store link and found that the store appears to be using the incorrect C NAME, and also appears to have an 'AAAA Record', aka a IPv6 Record, which will cause issues for your domain getting an SSL secured. I'm going to include the steps below to fix these issues up:

• Login to your third party domain provider account
  • Find your DNS settings
  • First, go to your settings and find the 'C Name'. Change your C Name information to the following: shops.myshopify.com. Save this change.
  • Then, look for 'IPv6 AAAA Record' in your settings. You will want to remove the information that appears for this record. Save this change. 

Once that's done, you will want to reach out to our Live Support Team at this link here. The reason why you're reaching out to them is because, once all of that data has been changed, our team will be able to manually provision an SSL for your domain, and that will likely clear up your issue here. I would provision things myself, but since I can't authenticate users here in the Community, you'll have to reach out to the Live Team for this to happen.

If you run into any issues with this process, reach out to me here and let me know. You should be able to get everything cleared up following those steps, and our Live Team should be able to finish resolving things for you and get your checkout accessible again. 

Again, please don't hesitate to reach out to me here with any questions. I'll follow up with you if you do reach out as soon as I can!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

bonjoursergio
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, Imogen. Thanks for your reply! I have done what you told me. Image attached! What should be the next step? 

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 12.47.39.png

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1548 187 276

Hey again, @bonjoursergio! Thanks for following up with me!

Thanks for that screenshot! I decided to load up your store and navigate to the checkout and everything seems to be working now - so no additional steps needed!

With your checkout being accessible now, I recommend leaving your domain settings alone for now, just so we can avoid stirring up any additional issues or errors. 

I really like how you've formatted your store - a homepage that functions as a product page can convert incredibly well and see a very steady stream of sales! I decided to explore your site to see if I could learn more about what you do, but beyond the information in your footer, there wasn't much for me to read! A tip I have is to look into making an About Us page, so customers can learn more about the artist and business that they're shopping from!

I have a resource here that you can check out that goes over how to make some really solid 'About Us' pages.

If you're still running any issues with your shop, or if you'd like to chat more about your business, or tell me more about yourself and your goals with selling your art and music, feel free to follow up here and let me know!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog