Myanmar Font Problems (Zawgyi Vs Unicode)

Myanmar Font Problems (Zawgyi Vs Unicode)

HebesoftTech
Visitor
1 0 0

I realized that Shopify is still using Zawgyi-One font for Myanmar language. Zawgyi font is no longer supported since 2008 if I'm not wrong and it is not in unicode format. Myanmar users heavily used Zawgyi before however most people nowadays use Myanmar Unicode which is standardized as unicode standard. The official fonts that are currently used are Pyidaungsu font by Myanmar Government, Myanmar Text by Microsoft and Noto Sans Myanmar by Google. You should consider using these font family instead of Zawgyi-One, Myanmar3, etc. I found out this problem when I add a product description which is auto converted into Zawgyi, then saved in database as Zawgyi texts. So even though I change font-family in base.css, it's useless because the texts are converted into Zawgyi.  Please fix this issue asap since Myanmar people cannot read proper Myanmar fonts now in Shopify.

Reply 1 (1)

Don
Shopify Staff
2781 199 393

Hi there, @HebesoftTech!

Thanks for reaching out here in the Shopify Community to share your concern.

I have been able to file a request to update this functionality on your behalf internally based on the info you shared here.

We're not able to give a guarantee or timeline for requests made in this way, but keep an eye on our Changelog page here to stay up to date with new features being added to Shopify.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about this!

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog