Solved

Need help working out the code to create a custom calculator on product page!

CreatieWilder
Tourist
10 0 4

Hello,

I'm looking to create a custom calculator which would multiply the quantity by product price and display the total. I'm working on a store and can't seem to get the quantity to update but have got everything working otherwise! 

I've got this far... using the following calculation formula but it isn't picking up the quantity as it increases. 

{{ current_variant.price | times: 'we need the quantity variable in here' | divided_by: 100.00  }}

It's the underlined section I can't seem to get working but it works with a flat number such as times 5 etc.

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 13.23.30.png

I've read setting up an event listener using JS may work for this but wondered if anyone knows the identifier to grab the live quantity as a user changes it. 

I have tried apps and they don't work.

This is what I would like it to look like...

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 16.24.17.png

Accepted Solution (1)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CreatieWilder,

Please follow the steps below:

- Step 1: Go to product-template.liquid file and add code here:

Screenshot.png

- Step 2: Go to theme.js file and add code:

Screenshot.png

Hope it is clear to you.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @CreatieWilder,

Yes, it can only be added by JS, you cannot add liquid code for this.

Please send your site and if your site is password protected, please send me the password. I will check it.

CreatieWilder
Tourist
10 0 4
I thought that might be the case! Thankyou so much it would be great to
work out how to do this.

Live site is:
https://lamazifabrics.com/products/art-gallery-fabrics-paparounes-crimson-in-cotton-jersey

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @CreatieWilder,

I have checked and your JS file is minify, can you send me staff account, I will help you to add it quickly

CreatieWilder
Tourist
10 0 4
Hey! Thanks for the reply. It's actually a client site they are on holiday
at the moment so I can't add any other collaborators. Is there any way of
sharing the code and I can try that out?

I can try get access next week. Do you do regular jobs like this as can
email you and get a quote for future things?
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @CreatieWilder,

I sent you a private message with email, when you are ready just send collaborators I will check it for you

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CreatieWilder,

Please follow the steps below:

- Step 1: Go to product-template.liquid file and add code here:

Screenshot.png

- Step 2: Go to theme.js file and add code:

Screenshot.png

Hope it is clear to you.

CreatieWilder
Tourist
10 0 4

Incredible thankyou so much this is perfect!!! I've been trying to solve this for weeks 😄

OliverJacob12
Visitor
1 0 1

@CreatieWilder wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking to create a custom calculator which would multiply the quantity by product price and display the total. I'm working on a store and can't seem to get the quantity to update but have got everything working otherwise! 

I've got this far... using the following calculation formula but it isn't picking up the quantity as it increases. 

{{ current_variant.price | times: 'we need the quantity variable in here' | divided_by: 100.00  }}

It's the underlined section I can't seem to get working but it works with a flat number such as times 5 etc.

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 13.23.30.png

I've read setting up an event listener using JS may work for this but wondered if anyone knows the identifier to grab the live quantity as a user changes it. 

I have tried apps and they don't work.

This is what I would like it to look like...

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 16.24.17.png

There are few apps like quiz which can fulfill your requirement. You can create quiz with different questions, customer can get products based on that.

you can also create custom app or customization in liquid.

With Guidelines you are able to create a series of questions and then associate tags with each answer. As a shopper goes through your product finder answering questions, we build a dynamic search query based on the selected answers/tags. i.e... Show all products that have Tag_A(From Q1)  and Tag_B(From Q2) etc... The app is pretty flexible and can be customized to fit your needs. We also released a new feature that tracks sales directly attributed to someone going through your product finder/quiz. This way, you can clearly justify if shopify app is providing real tangible value to your bottom line. 

As many do, shopify offer a free trial. Check us and if you need more help, please let me know.