Solved

New Customer account address rejected

urntrayllc
Visitor
2 0 0

I have had 5 customers try to create an account portal and their addresses are rejected.  Why?

Accepted Solution (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

@urntrayllc

I see, thanks for the confirmation. In this case, and if it's possible, if another customer calls through it would be helpful if you can get them to email you a screenshot of the error message they're seeing on their end.

From there, you can contact our live support team by following the instructions I sent through in my initial reply, and our team can investigate the matter in more detail from our end. 

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @urntrayllc.

To confirm, are your customers attempting to create their account on the checkout page, or directly from the customer login page on your store? What specific error message is presented on their end, when their address is rejected by the system? It'll help if we can see a screenshot of any error messages they're seeing, to help us further troubleshoot.

If you'd like us to investigate each of the addresses in more detail however, you can also contact our live support team so that we can authenticate you against the correct store to access the required customer information for a deeper analysis.

To get in touch with our team, you'll need to login to your store via our Help Center here. Once logged in, select a topic that best fits your query or situation. From there, you'll be taken to a page with a list of relevant support articles, and you can scroll to the bottom of that page to select your preferred contact method with our team. Our live support team will be able to assist you further from there.

urntrayllc
Visitor
2 0 0
I am just getting calls from customers so I don’t know what there exact screen is saying that rejects there address.
Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

@urntrayllc

I see, thanks for the confirmation. In this case, and if it's possible, if another customer calls through it would be helpful if you can get them to email you a screenshot of the error message they're seeing on their end.

From there, you can contact our live support team by following the instructions I sent through in my initial reply, and our team can investigate the matter in more detail from our end.