New order email confirmation not coming through

HeatThatStore
10 0 0

Hello,

I am not receiving email notifications for new orders from my website. The test notifications are not working either.

I have no idea why? Can anyone help please?

Replies 15 (15)

gseilei
Shopify Expert
235 28 44

Just confirming you added your address to the recipient for new order notifications, right? https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/notifications/order-notifications#add-a-recipient-for...

If so, have you checked on your spam folder?

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
HeatThatStore
10 0 0

Hello,

Yes I have done both these things and tested multiple email addresses 😞

gseilei
Shopify Expert
235 28 44

then I would try this: 

Speak with your email provider and have them whitelist smtp@shopify.com and mailer@shopify.com.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to get in touch with the Shopify support at support@shopify.com

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
dehanengel
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Shopify Expert @gseilei.

I have the exact same problem as @HeatThatStore. My 'New Order' confirmation emails are nowhere to be found. I receive mobile notifications from the app but no emails. My email address is in the list of notification recipients, I have checked my spam folder and also done a thorough search in my inbox. Its nowhere. Why did my notifications just stop working all of a sudden when it was no issue for the last few months?

Its hard just contacting Google gsuite for them to whitelist something isn't it? 

JackMord
Tourist
4 0 0

Can you tell me how you resolved this issue? I am having the same problem, suddenly, out of nowhere...

undercollar
Tourist
4 0 4

I am having the same problem, is there a solution?  It was working fine, and now it's not.  

iamlunasol
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also having this issue. My email is a custom domain I purchased via Shopify. I suddenly stopped receiving order notification emails 3 days ago. I also had emails sent to customers through shopify where I BCC'd myself on and never got them.

I added my personal gmail address and that address receives everything just fine. But my primary domain gets nothing, not even the test emails. 

I can send and receive regular emails from this email address but any shopify notifications are never received. They're not in spam, trash, or any other filters. 

lucasasalmins
Visitor
2 0 0

I am also having this issue with Gmail

BerridgeSG
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I am also having the same issue. Shopify shows Order Confirmations as sent, but customers are not receiving them.
Is there any update to this issue?

Marla-WCF
Visitor
2 0 5

I haven't gotten a new order notification since early Feb. I *usually* get other notifications, like invoices sent to customers and bcc'ed to myself.  But no new order notifications.  Looking for an update on this issue.

_gianni_
Visitor
2 0 4

Not sure if this will fix the issue for you but if you're not receiving staff order notifications, this worked for me

Remove the recipient email(s) and then re-add them.

Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 23.47.46.png

I tested it by putting thorough a test order and I started receiving the emails again.

Hope fully that works.

Building http://bartape.ie one small step at a time 🙂
Olime_Boutique
Visitor
3 0 0

I think I just figured out and fixed this problem. did you guys check your junk mailbox? I found my all order notification email and test emails from shopify just came to my junk email

Olime_Boutique
Visitor
3 0 0

check your junk mail

uxland
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue! It just started today! I was receiving emails just fine for the past few months!

Olime_Boutique
Visitor
3 0 0

check your junk mail and add email from shopify to white list