Solved

newsletter pop up stopped working...

Nickahola
Shopify Partner
74 1 11

Hi.

Please can you tell me why my newsletter pop up on the home page has stopped working?

All I did was try to change the image on the pop up.

www.silverstork.co.uk

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Gotcha, @Nickahola! So, in that case, there is certainly something not functioning properly within your theme. Have you done any code customizations recently?

The next step I recommend you take then, is to reach out to the theme developer directly, since it is made by a third party; They’ll be able to take a closer look at why the newsletter isn’t popping up every time, and what steps are required to fix it. 

All the best!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @Nickahola! Thanks for starting this thread, and for sharing your store url.

I went to your storefront, and there was a newsletter pop up that showed up for me immediately. Therefore, please tell me more about what exactly isn’t working in regards to your pop up, and I’m happy to guide you towards a resolution.

Thanks!

Nickahola
Shopify Partner
74 1 11

Hi. Thank you for checking for me! That's good news that it popped up for you.

For some reason it seems to be an intermitent issue for me. It isn't showing up in editor and will only pop up the first time i visit my site in a new browser.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

No problem, @Nickahola! It also does not show up for me when I return to your website. But this could be expected behavior; I suspect there is a conditional setting for the pop up that has been selected to show for first time visitors only.

Which theme are you using? Is your newsletter pop up part of your theme? Or are you using a third party app for it?

Nickahola
Shopify Partner
74 1 11

Thanks for the follow up!

That's not so good to hear this time.

The newsletter should pop up every time someone visits my site, as should the cookies bar.

I tried to change the image in the newsletter pop up yesterday from it's current image and since then I've had this issue of the newsletter & cookies not popping up.

It's a theme setting and I am not using an app for the newsletter. I am using the 'susie' theme.

Nickahola_0-1631865441944.png

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Gotcha, @Nickahola! So, in that case, there is certainly something not functioning properly within your theme. Have you done any code customizations recently?

The next step I recommend you take then, is to reach out to the theme developer directly, since it is made by a third party; They’ll be able to take a closer look at why the newsletter isn’t popping up every time, and what steps are required to fix it. 

All the best!

Nickahola
Shopify Partner
74 1 11

thanks! I have emailed the developer for a fix.

thanks for your help & the suggestion! 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

You’re welcome, @Nickahola! Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi,

You can add a pop up without an app or external code. Pop up with delay option and "maybe later button". Check the video for more info

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!