Order confirmation emails go to Spam folder or Promotions tab in Gmail

timcogaiay
2 0 0

Hi Team!

I have a problem that all order confirmation and invoice emails go directly to the Spam or Promotions tab in Gmail. I also have done TXT records, SPF pass, DKIM pass, DMARC pass

My domain is registered at Godaddy, email hosting is registered at Gsuite, I have checked both of them and have no issue with my domain and DNS. But all emails still go to the Spam folder

What can I do to fix this issue? I don't know where is the issue really. I'm just a newbie with Shopify for 3 weeks ago.

Really need any help from you guys.

My domain: lahava.com

Thank you so much!

Reply 1 (1)
Lana
Shopify Staff
310 37 40

Hello @timcogaiay!

What you're describing is an issue related to Google - this is something that is entirely on their end so we are unable to change anything to avoid the mail going to Promotions.

However, a fix that is suggested by other users is manually moving the email from the promotions tab - this will then set it up in such a way that all future emails from your store will come through to the main inbox. I have a guide for you here that will give some other tips on how to avoid the Gmail promotions tab.

Since you mentioned your domain, I had a look around your store - the products are absolutely stunning! Because of this, I think it would be super beneficial for you to showcase some of those products on the homepage, as they are sure to capture interest, especially since the homepage is the first part of the store that your customers will see. To do this, you will need to open your theme editor in the Shopify admin by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize, and from there on the left hand side you will need to add a section - I recommend you add a featured collection section to showcase some dresses from a specific collection. For more info on sections and how to set them up, you can see our help doc on the topic here

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog