Can order tags be used for custom messages in Shopify's order confirmation template?

honeysbadgers
5 0 0

Hello all, I hope you are well?

We have a question regarding order tags and the order confirmation template. We are using the Zapiet app as our client has over 60 stores. We have set up the stores so when an order comes in the Zapiet app creates a tag like so "Delivery - Wagga Wagga"

Our question is can we use these orders tags in our order confirmation template so that we can apply custom messages depending on the tag of the order. I have attached an example of the liquid code which we would put in the order confirmation template to display custom messages depending on the orders tag. We tried to use Shopify Flow for this as if statement if store tag contains "x"  send an email to the customer. But it looks like the emails are not dynamic.

Any help would be appreciated.

tags_liquid.JPG

order_tags.JPG

order_confirmation.JPG

Cheers Tony

Replies 3 (3)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2193 201 587

Probably not because the order confirmation email gets sent out immediately when an order is placed.

A solution though, is to emulate the logic you have with your tagging app, by putting logic in the email templates. You should have access to most of the same data, and once you solve the logic for 1 store, you can just copy / paste to the templates of the other stores.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

Kitty_Zapiet
Shopify Partner
78 1 3

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay in replying to you, we have only just seen this post. 

It looks like you have already received support for this particular query, but if there is anything else we can do to assist you, please just let us know!

You can email us at supprt@zapiet.com, you can also start a live chat via the Support tab in the Store Pickup + Delivery app or by visiting www.zapiet.com.

Take care, 

Kitty

kieran205
Visitor
1 0 0

Kia Ora,

Not sure if you found a workaround, but I have an alternative solution we use very successfully.

Rather than using tag liquids (which are added after an order is made) in your confirmation email, we use the liquid attributes–which Zapiet fills in automatically when the order is made.

I've attached part of our confirmation email code below:

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 4.18.00 PM.png

Hope this helps!