Page "Temporarily" Unavailable - HELP!

Kelly_Poncho
Visitor
2 0 0

I have been getting this screen on and off for the past week. I am now behind in my work and Customers are furious. PLEASE help resolve this. 

Customers are receiving this and cannot place orders and I cannot access the Admin side of our page. I have called Support twice and have not yet heard from anyone in Tech Support on a resolution. We are losing business because of this and I am incredibly frustrated.  

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 09-55-07 Page temporarily unavailable.png

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@Kelly_Poncho 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your store. The error you're seeing is the result of a device, or program sending too many requests to Shopify, which results in your device being seen as a bot. 

In most cases, this is caused by: 

• Ad-blocking software 
  • Virtual Private Network (VPN)
  • Browser extensions 
  • Multiple devices on one network 

If you're using more than one device on the network, then I would start with shutting them all down, then starting up the device you use to access your store. If you get the error, then you know the issue is with the device and not the other devices on the network. 

If the issue is with your device, then I would start with using Google Chrome Incognito mode, while ensuring that you have all other browsers completely closed. If you don't get the error, then the issue is with your browser's cache/cookies and browser extensions. 

If you do get the error while in Incognito mode, then that could suggest it's another program on your device. If you're running a VPN, adblocker, or anti-virus software, then I would recommend closing these programs fully so they aren't operating in the background. You can then try again to see if you can replicate the error. 

You will also want to make sure that your device is running on the most recent version of its operating system, along with ensuring your using the most recent version of your browser. 

Hopefully, these steps will help you narrow down the issue; however, if not, then it would be best to wait on our Technical Support to review the issue further as they'll have further tools to help diagnose the issue. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog