Solved

Page titles different to product title

NicolasN
Excursionist
25 2 14

I notice that some of our product page titles are different to the product title. I have made sure that the page title in the "Search engine listing preview" matches the product title.

Where else can Shopify be pulling an out-of-date page title from?

For example: https://www.wired4signsusa.com/products/0-31-led-edge-lit-acrylic-sign-base-channel-mikro-line12

This is the wrong page title:

NicolasN_0-1634235948014.png

And this is the title in the Shopify admin:

NicolasN_1-1634236011089.png

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Nicolas

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

This is an accepted solution.

I do see that the browser tab title is missing the "Model" text.

Also, by checking the Inspect Elements tool via chrome, it does show the <title> tag does NOT match the product title on the page. Ideally, it should.

2021-10-14 15_18_07.png

Potentially, the issue could be:
1. Due to an external plugin (maybe an SEO plugin) that overrides the <title> tag.
2. Customization of the <title> tag in the theme.liquid.

You would have to look into it.

Alternatively, you could reach out to Shopify Experts that could troubleshoot the issue further. https://experts.shopify.com/

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

This is an accepted solution.

I do see that the browser tab title is missing the "Model" text.

Also, by checking the Inspect Elements tool via chrome, it does show the <title> tag does NOT match the product title on the page. Ideally, it should.

2021-10-14 15_18_07.png

Potentially, the issue could be:
1. Due to an external plugin (maybe an SEO plugin) that overrides the <title> tag.
2. Customization of the <title> tag in the theme.liquid.

You would have to look into it.

Alternatively, you could reach out to Shopify Experts that could troubleshoot the issue further. https://experts.shopify.com/

- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
NicolasN
Excursionist
25 2 14

Yes - I found it was indeed an SEO plugin that was causing the problem. It basically replaces the entire header section of the page with its own data. Disabling the plugin didn't resolve the issue as promised - I had to actually remove it's code entirely.

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

@NicolasN  Great to hear that the issue has been resolved!