Can I rename the payment method in my Shopify checkout process?

martins1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,
could you please help me where and how to rename the payment method (as attached) in the Shopify store at the checkout process?
Now "Credit card" appears, but it doesn't look so reliable. I would like to have "2Checkout" written there or even better with the 2Checkout logo.

Thanks for any help.
Martin

www.portabledoggie.com

1.PNG

Replies 5 (5)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I just wanted to send over a quick note about the checkout code in Shopify and how it works. For the adjustment that you're wanting to make you would need to have a custom adjustment in the back end of the checkout code. That section is actually closed to merchants and staff (like myself) in order to protect the security of both the merchant (like yourself) and the customer.

If you'd like to let your customers know that the checkout is secured by 2checkout I suggest creating a banner to be shown at the top of the store where you share that message.

In order to make one of those you can go to your theme customizer (Online Store > Themes > Customize — in your Store Admin) and then when you click on Header you will be faced with the ability to create a notification bar.

2019-11-t4tsl-qkudc

2019-11-us3b2-p4vbr

2019-11-rytgl-2q02g

This isn't the exact adjustment that you were looking to make, but I think this is a great option that could work for you.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

martins1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Dallas, 

thanks for your explanation.

Martin

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

You're very welcome. 

Have a great rest of your day and if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Sam9516
Shopify Partner
35 1 13

Now, in 2023, you can easily do this using the BeSure Checkout Rules app.

Here are the steps which you need to follow,

1. After you install the app, create a new rule for "Rename payment methods" under the "Payment" section.

2. In the rule, enter the current name of the payment method (e-g 2Checkout, Otherwise, if you are using Shopify Payments for the credit card, then please write Shopify Payments) and then the new or translated name you want it to show instead.

Click on save rule and done. This solution works even for basic Shopify plan as well.

Darian2
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello @martins1  with the new release of Shopify Functions you can customize the name of your payment and shipping methods. Some apps on the app store can do this like checkout plus https://apps.shopify.com/checkoutplus

Here is an example of Bank Deposit adding some text but you can also customize it entirely:

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.06.22 PM.png

 Updates on your checkout to:

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.06.38 PM.png