Can I add a backup payment method?

larchwoodfarm
Visitor
1 0 0

I need to know if I can add a back up payment method.

Replies 2 (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @larchwoodfarm.

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forum. I'm happy to provide you with some more information. 

To clarify, are you referring to the payment method listed to pay your Shopify Bills (within Settings > Billing)? Or rather, for your customers to have multiple payment options at checkout? 

If you are referring to your own billing, you can pay for your Shopify bills (one-time or recurring) using a valid credit card from Mastercard, Visa, or American Express. If you are located outside of the United States, you can pay for your Shopify bills (one-time or recurring) using PayPal. When you pay for your bills using PayPal, you can use PayPal balance, bank accounts, debit cards, or credit cards that are associated with your PayPal account. You can only have one payment method listed at a time, but you do have the option to replace your prefered billing method by following these steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Finances > Billing.

2. In the Payment methods section, do either of the following:

• To add a new bank account, click Add payment method.
    • To replace a bank account, click the ... button beside the bank account, and then click Replace.
  3. If necessary, from Payment method type, select Bank account.

4. Enter the account and routing numbers for the bank account that you want to verify.

5. Enter the store owner's name, and designate the account type as Private or Business.

6. Click Start verification.

For additional context, may I ask why it's important to you to list multiple payment methods? Please let me know if this helps! Otherwise, I am more than happy to continue working together once I hear back from you. 

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @larchwoodfarm.

Just checking in with you here. Did my previous response help to clarify your question? If not, please let me know and we can continue to look into this together.

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog