I am confused with the settings>payment section of Shopify. I only want to use PayPal for payments. So the only option I want to show potential customers is pay with PayPal. How do I set this up so it works seamlessly to the end user.
I already have my PayPal account set up to allow guests to login to their PayPal account or checkout as a guest. When they checkout as a guest they can use any credit card so I want to show those icons in the footer of the website.
So in the checkout, I only want PayPal as the payment option but it seams when I turn off all the other options my products no longer show in the checkout. I guess I need help with what to turn on and off to accomplish my goal.
Hi there @ddenby!
Thanks for letting us know about this!
Could you let me know a bit more about what happens when you disable payment gateways other than PayPal in your store exactly so we can check this out?
If you're happy to set this up for the time being and share a link to your store with me here, I can test this from my location to see if we can clarify that behaviour for you.
I look forward to checking this out in more depth!
My website is at https://newdawnart.com/. I want to be able to sell on Shopify but use PayPal as the only way to pay. I want the process to be uncomplicated and intuitive. For instance, after a customer goes through the process and gets to the end (where they need to pay). I want to have PayPal as the only option.
- I find the Express Checkout confusing (see image below). They have to go to PayPal and then go back to the checkout. Can this be changed so the PayPal option is only available at the end, AFTER they have completed all the other checkout sections? I really don't care about the "Express Checkout" or the "Buy with PayPal" button, can these be turned off. To me it is confusing to go to PayPal then back to the website in the middle of a transaction.
- On the Cart > Information section, I would like three options to choose from; 1-pick up 2-ship and 3-delivery. Currently it only shows Ship and Pick Up. Is there a way to add Delivery? Same thing on the next page (Cart > Information > Shipping). It only gives two options 1 - local delivery and Economy Shipping.
- On the Cart > Information > Shipping > Payment Page. This is where it really gets confusing. Under Payment it lists "Credit Card" then under that it lists PayPal. Can PayPal be the only option here?
Any instructions you can provide to accomplish this goal would be appreciated. I am also open to allowing you access to my account to get things setup properly as outlined above and below.
There is a few other items in the checkout area that I need help with. I will list them below incase you can also help with these:
1) I am only registered in North Carolina (taxes) so I guess that means I can only sell in North Carolina. I want to make sure this fact it is visible somewhere in the checkout area. I also want to make sure people outside of NC are prevented from ordering a painting. I don't see a way to add this information in checkout from settings or in the "customize" template areas.
2) I am also having issues with the feed for the Merchant Center but that may be outside of your area. It would be great if you could steer me in the right direction.
New Dawn Art
Hi again @ddenby!
Thanks for getting back to me here and for sharing all that info and those screenshots, that makes it a lot easier to understand so it's much appreciated!
The short answer is that it is not possible to remove these express checkout buttons or to extensively edit the checkout in general.
I understand this is not the answer you're hoping to hear on this, so what I can do for you from here is to request a change to this functionality internally based on the info you have already shared here.
You mentioned a couple of instances where you wish to change some of the wording in your themes, which you can do using the edit language functionality in your admin.
Take a look at some of the existing language used in your checkout area and see if you can add the info you wish to share there somewhere.
If you wish to only ship your products to a specific, restricted market then you can handle this by only setting up a shipping zone that covers that area and no others.
Check out some of the info shared here and see how you might be able to use this for your specific needs and feel free to ask us any follow up questions you need, please!
Hi again @ddenby!
Sorry to hear you're not happy with the response you have gotten here.
I know this is not the answer you were hoping to get, though it is not possible to remove the express checkout buttons as you outlined.
I was able to file a request for this functionality internally already based on your feedback here, which will let our developers know this is something our merchants are looking to be able to do.
In terms of the messaging you wish to display in your store and your desire to restrict shipping ability to only your own state, the information shared above should allow you to put this in place for your store.
All the best!
Make the shift from discounts to donations, and witness your business not only thrive fina...By Holly Dec 4, 2023
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023