Pixel image spacing bug in Debut theme

hsheff
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I'm experiencing a frustrating bug in the Debut theme. Whenever I enter spacing in images in the visual editor, I'm unable to save that image spacing. I enter the spacing again and again and it always sets back to zero.

Enter spacing and save:

spacing15px.png

Preview page, see no changes, spacing has reset to zero:

spacing0px.png

I finally looked at the html editor and there appears to be a bug in the code. All pixel values have two "px" after them instead of just one. I imagine this is what's preventing images from working in the visual editor.

pxpx.png

This is extremely frustrating and rendering the visual editor unusable.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 890

Hello,

Thank you for your question. 

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one), I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials.
◦ Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets and save money.
hsheff
Visitor
2 0 0

silverswallowco
Tourist
8 0 3

This is also an issue in the narrative theme. Thanks so much for finding the issue and solving the problem.

For other information, the order of the margins are: top, right, bottom, and left

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

If you have a lot of products then while fixing this issue you could put a shim in place to automatically replace those RTE errors so the customer experience is less impacted

Always backup themes and files before making changes

Depending on theme in your product templates find the product description and update it with one of the following:

{{ product.description | replace: 'pxpx', 'px' }}

or for some themes

{{ product.content | replace: 'pxpx', 'px' }}

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Clarke_Graves
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

This is happening in the new Dawn theme too. Very very frustrating. Any solutions other than having to shim as shown below?