Can I get a refund for unused Shopify monthly payments?

Safiyascollecti
Visitor
1 0 0

I’ve been charged monthly which I haven’t noticed and I haven’t been active on shopify can I  get refund for the past monthly payments that’s been put from my account.

Replies 2 (2)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @Safiyascollecti 

As per Shopify Terms of Service, they will not offer refunds, but if your store was recently closed then they may be able to offer an exception. Contact directly Shopify Support to submit your request.

If you haven't yet closed the store, you can do it by following the steps below:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.

2. Click Cancel subscription or Pause or deactivate store.

3. If you still want to deactivate, then click Cancel subscription and close store or Deactivate store.

4. Select a reason for the deactivation, and then click Continue.

5. Enter your password, and then click Close store or Deactivate now.

(I'm attaching the document here in case you want to learn more about Shopify Pausing or deactivating your store)

This will close your store, remove you from active billing, and restrict all access to the account itself. They will need the account to be closed before a refund request can be considered.

If you feel like this answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION.

Hope you could sort out the problem soon.

banned

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @Safiyascollecti.

Thanks for reaching out.

In order for us to look further into the billing of the online store, we will need you to attempt to login to your store using our Contact Us page. Since we cannot authenticate you for the store in question using our Community forums due to the sensitivity of information that would need to be shared, this will be the most secure way.

If you are unable to successfully login, you can select Continue without logging in - once that is selected you will be directed to our Help Center. Type in what you would like to get assistance with in the search bar to locate the option to Get Support that will appear below the search results.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog