plus and subtract buttons not working

shaunsnaith
Tourist
56 0 1

Hello All,

We've just come across an issue we are getting on our site, the plus and subtract buttons aren't working so people can't add or remove products from the cart.  Our web address is www.advancedacoustics-uk.com.  We have been doing some work on the site these past few days but not noticed this issue before.  I have tried reverting back to an old version of various codes I have been working on.  Could some take a look or perhaps let us know if it is a local issue?

Replies 11 (11)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

They're working just fine for me. What device are you using? I'm on a desktop, using Chrome

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
shaunsnaith
Tourist
56 0 1

I'm on iPhone and mac, both with the same issue

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

I see in your script.min.js where this is triggered:

Ninthony_0-1631822163889.png

You may want to change that to something like:

$(".qtyplus_" + t + ",.qtyplus_multi").on('click tap', function(e) {

I have read that iOS doesn't always handle jQuery click events properly. Though it seems you really shouldn't be having an issue in the sense that you're using a button. Usually these glitches happen when there's not a

cursor: pointer;

Property applied to the CSS. But in this button's case it is. I would give adding that "tap" event a shot. Be sure to duplicate your theme and try it on a duplicate, you can't revert javascript files the way that you can other liquid files.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
shaunsnaith
Tourist
56 0 1

Strange thing is I haven't touched that file.  This must be a recent change.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

It's really just a guess, I can't really know or test since I don't have a mac or iphone. So you never had this problem before with any of your iOS devices?

shaunsnaith
Tourist
56 0 1

no never before.  I can't even increase quantity by changing the qty in the box.

plus and minus doesn't work on the product page either but adding a number in the box does give a result.

shaunsnaith
Tourist
56 0 1

just tried it on windows, edge, works fine!

must be an iOS or safari issue?

shaunsnaith
Tourist
56 0 1

Firefox on mac works fine too.

shaunsnaith
Tourist
56 0 1

panic over, just cleared history and cache on the mac and works fine with safari, how weird is that??!  Sorry for wasting your time @Ninthony 

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

Hey no worries, just glad you got it figured out. Have a good one.

shaunsnaith
Tourist
56 0 1

So it seems like the problem is still there however having checked through various devices and browsers it looks like the issue only lies when people use Safari Web browser as far as I can tell.  

I have tried;

Windows-Edge, all fine:

Mac-Firefox, all fine,

IOS14-Safari, plus and subtract buttons still don't work even when i clear history and cache.  It works the first time you load the page but refresh the page or go back to it later and the buttons don't work.  Same issue with Mac-Safari.