New Shopify Certification now available: Liquid Storefronts for Theme Developers

POS Terminal Countertop Kit for USB-C tablets (with the Connection Hub)

jmans
Visitor
3 0 1

Can you tell me if the POS Terminal Countertop Kit for USB-C tablets (with the Connection Hub) will work with reducing or eliminating Bluetooth and Wireless connections.  https://www.shopify.com/pos/store/products/usb-c-countertop-kit-retail. My goal is not to use wireless connectivity including Bluetooth. The Tap and Chip Bluetooth has not been reliable and I have followed all of the Shopify recommendations.

It appears the Connection Hub will provide an Ethernet connection for the iPad. The POS Go Dock has an Ethernet connection, will this provide hard wired communication between the POS Go card reader and  iPad as apposed to a Bluetooth pairing scenario?

Thanks

Reply 1 (1)
JebbyN
Visitor
1 0 0

Sorry, I don't have the answer but I am looking for the same information. I am moving over from Square and I absolutely try my hardest to avoid bluetooth or wifi connectivity for critical items. I can't seem to find much info on it, but when I ask how people like/dislike their Shopify POS a lot of the negatives seem to do with connection issues between the tablet and the tap and chip units.
I hope you get some answers.