How to fix auto-added code in product description?

vishal681998
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

there is problemthere is problem  i am having this problem this code is automatically added in the product description . please let me know how to resolve it

Replies 4 (4)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @vishal681998,

This will not be automatically added, because you copied and entered the product description incorrectly.

If you add a description with html, you need to copy that html code and paste it in the description while it is being displayed in the 'Show editor'.

Refer: https://i.imgur.com/KH4py82.png

Hope it is clear to you.

If my answer can help you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @vishal681998! This code you're seeing can happen if you're pasting content into the rich text editor box from somewhere else. The rich text editor will pick up on formatting from wherever you copied the content from. You can find more information about the editor in our help guide

I usually recommend creating your content in the editor or using an app like PageFly. An app usually will be easier if you don't have experience with HTML and want to create more complex-looking pages. You don't need to code even without an app, but if you're toggling the HTML view on, I presume that you're keen on learning code.

To remove that you can simply remove the extra space that the snippet defines before you paste the content in. It won't harm your page to leave it, but if you want a bit more help with coding you can check out Hubspot's helpful article to learn some basics. Alternatively, you can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3056

Thank you for mentioning us @Lilith 

Yes, @vishal681998 you can use the PageFly page builder app for Free with support 24/7 to create pages without any coding skill. 

Let give it a try and let us know if you need any assistance via Live chat.

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Thanks for jumping in this thread @PageFly-Victor! I apppreciate the assistance you're offering to our merchant here.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog