Solved

Product Bug: Variant Selection not working

mckennahurcomb
Visitor
3 0 0

When you select any size and then add to cart then the cart automatically shows the first default product instead of what the customer selected. Help... how do I fix this?

Example: I wanted a large dog harness so I select large and add to cart. In my cart it shows I selected small when I selected large.

Accepted Solution (1)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3045 596 848

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @mckennahurcomb ,

It happens because of a JS conflict. And conflict comes when you install/uninstall apps or add custom JS code or by mistake remove any code. 
To fix it: 
1) Try to revert the changes you did recently.
2) Try to find the conflict and fix it. You can check the conflict in browser console.

Thanks  

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3045 596 848

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @mckennahurcomb ,

It happens because of a JS conflict. And conflict comes when you install/uninstall apps or add custom JS code or by mistake remove any code. 
To fix it: 
1) Try to revert the changes you did recently.
2) Try to find the conflict and fix it. You can check the conflict in browser console.

Thanks  

-Advance Search Filter
mckennahurcomb
Visitor
3 0 0

What should I do if an app service provider made the addition for me and I am unsure of what JS they changed?

mckennahurcomb
Visitor
3 0 0

What should I do if an app service provider made the addition for me and I am unsure of what JS they changed?

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3045 596 848

Let them know about the issue which you are facing after they made customization in your store.

-Advance Search Filter
Elisaw
Explorer
79 2 11

@Developer-GI am also having the variable not working in cart issue and can't figure out why. Would you be able to help me? https://tartar-berlin.com. Thanks for your time!

Elisaw
Explorer
79 2 11

@Developer-Gnevenmind! Seems like I am getting it to work. Although I still see a lot of issues in the inspector. Do you know how I could solve these? Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 2.47.35 PM.png

LaurensF
4 0 0

Dear Guleria,

We encounter the same problem however, there were no apps (de)installed around the time it happened and we also didnt change anything in the code. It happened spontaneously. Any ideas how we can best approach this problem in our specific situatio?