Product Description "Show HTML" Not Working

Alyssa_Lau
Tourist
5 0 2

Need some help! I write my product descriptions in HTML but for some reason, whenever I click "Show HTML" button, my HTML is disappearing and turning into code that looks like:

<a data-encoded-tag-name="h8" data-encoded-tag-value="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"></a>

How can I bring back my HTML?! 

Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi @Alyssa_Lau ,

Refresh the page and try again for adding adding code into the page or check the front end of the page.

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

@Alyssa_Lau 

Follow this screen Shot.

download (1).png

download (2).png

  

Alyssa_Lau
Tourist
5 0 2

Unfortunately not working 😞 I've tried re-adding the code but it just messes everything up and turns back into the code I pasted above.

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

@Alyssa_Lau 

Hire Some one to fix it. let me know if you would like to get help from us.

Thank you.

Mts0001
Shopify Partner
19 2 23

There seems to be an issue with the recently updated product description editor which is causing it to create these code errors (or, if not errors, unwanted code). I am seeing this too, you are not doing anything wrong.

There are other issues with this new editor, some discussed here: https://community.shopify.com/c/technical-q-a/blank-description-after-pasting-html/m-p/1465539