What is the solution for long product names in Shopify?

EthanJ_
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with the titles on my product page. They are very long and take up a lot of space. I would like longer ones to kind of fade off or show the first little bit and end with ... to imply that there is more to the title. I don't know how to do this and after doing some research I found this code, But I don't know where to put it or even if it will work. Thanks.

<a href="{{ product.url | within: collection }}">{{ product.title | truncate:30}}</a>

Replies 6 (6)

PeaceOnome12
Tourist
19 0 0

Hi @EthanJ_ 

Sorry for facing this kind of issue,

Welcome to the shopify community and Thanks for asking questions.

The code that you post is under settings that you will see it,But can you please share your store URL,So that I will help you to get the main problem and provide a solution to it .

banned
EthanJ_
Visitor
2 0 0

Sure thing! Thanks, the password right now is "ddr4". www.homieapproved.com

maiweo894
Visitor
1 0 0

There are some very serious issues that I am facing in my golf products page as you can seehere and need some help this products name issue is also very serious there.

pasijs94
Visitor
1 0 0

There are some very interesting products that I added in my page are also not showing here and I need help to solve this issue.

iose49
Visitor
1 0 0

If you are looking for the best solution to solve this issue you can check thislink for help because here you will find some code that you can add in it manually.

nahs845
Visitor
1 0 0

There are  some very useful name of the products tyou can research just like I did in thevacuum cleaner blog. you can tak some ideas from here.