Product page images and buttons not loading

Dnkboutique
4 0 0

Hello,

We've recently started using turbo Portland theme and when published, product pages images and buttons don't load. This issue applies to any browser from phone, pc and Mac.

Anyone else have this issue? We've also contacted out of the sandbox support and they aren't able to pinpoint the issue.

Please help!

Thank you,
DnK

Replies 10 (10)

damatech
Tourist
15 0 1

Hey, link to your website? I had an issue once with product images loading, I changed the HTML portion of the code and it fixed it, I'm happy to take a look.

Dama Technologies - Shopify Development
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Correct Solution? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Dnkboutique
4 0 0

Hello,

The link is dnkboutique.ca. Thanks!

DnK

damatech
Tourist
15 0 1

Very neat theme!

After checking it out, it seems as if the product images/buttons load fine, the page with all the products also loaded correctly and could pick colours for each item.

Here's a little gif showing after refreshing the images load fine.
https://gyazo.com/de350e949cb34783bae9ff03297f0d94

Was there a specific page in which the glitch occurs?

Dnkboutique
4 0 0

IMG_2689.PNGIMG_2690.PNGIt's always doing this through Chrome on Iphone. You can click the white space and the image will show up, but even after refreshing, nothing seems to show properly. 

damatech
Tourist
15 0 1

Very interesting, attempting to replicate this on a Pixel device and having some troubles doing so.

Have you changed any code of the product page on your end? If you haven't, then I would definitely pursue the theme designer further, it's an error with their theme, not on your end.

If they persist they cannot do anything, then potentially may have to recreate the product image carousel with something like Flickity, I've used Flickity to create various carousels across websites I've designed, and never had an issue with it. 

Let me know how it goes.

Dnkboutique
4 0 0

No I haven't touched any of the code - not quite there yet lol. But will continue checking with theme developer for further assistance. Thank you for your help and recommendations!

ctwork3120
Excursionist
24 0 24

We’re you able to get this solved? Running into this exact problem now with turbo 

WAYTeamShop
Visitor
3 0 0

We're also experiencing the same thing, except it's just our product images that don't load.

ctwork3120
Excursionist
24 0 24

If you have a developer tell them to check whether the jquery library is being deferred due to the flickity plug in - this was the problem on our site and we got it fixed once we realized that was the problem. 

jesperahlbomUK
Shopify Partner
53 4 25

Hi - below should solve this issue.

1) First duplicate your theme so you got a backup if something goes wrong

2) Then go to theme > edit code > open the file theme.liquid

3) Find this string of code

<script src="{{ 'jquery.min.js' | asset_url }}" defer></script>

4) Move that string of code a bit further up in the theme.liquid file, cut it and paste it below the lazysizes plugin (see attached image)

5) Save and preview the theme

Let me know how it goes but hopefully it solved the problem for you 🙂

turbo issue white space.png